A birthday, Valentine's Day, a farewell party for a colleague or simply to show your love... There are many reasons to surprise your loved ones with a nice gift. Is the person you want to give it to passionate about motoring? You've already got a theme, so all you have to do is choose from these ideas for the person you want to surprise.
Books and magazines
- There are a number of trade and general magazines in the automotive press. Choose a subscription to the world of 4X4, classics, rally, F1 or general car news.
- There are thousands of specialist books. Identify their favourite make or dream car and go straight to a book about it. Some people are even collectors!
- You can get gift voucher packages, full of suggestions, such as a 4X4 off-road experience or a track day.
- Training centres offer various courses on defensive driving, eco-driving, drifting and much more. Choose a gift that fits your budget!
- Clothing ranges provide plenty of choices, from caps to shoes, all bearing the logo of their favourite make.
- Accessories such as leather goods, key chains or glasses are always a hit with fans.
- On a budget? There are plenty of little treats on the market such as pens and mugs.
Days out and events (depending on COVID health measures)
- Why not try a day out to a motor sport event? Whether in Zolder or Francorchamps, top motor sport events take place in Belgium every year.
- A museum visit is also an option. There are three museums devoted to motor vehicles in Belgium: Autoworld in Brussels, the Abarth Works Museum in Lier and Mahymobiles in Leuze-en-Hainaut.
- Arrange a day out with a car meet or rally as a highlight. This also makes it possible to keep non-enthusiasts happy, while also enjoying a shared moment.
- Admission to temporary events like Interclassics or swap meets and specific trade fairs...
For children (and grown-ups)
- There are car-themed toys and games on the shelves. Circuits, remote-controlled cars or garages offer many hours of fun.
- Small and large-scale models will delight collectors.
Cars are certainly still a passion for many and an inexhaustible source of gift ideas.