The digital world has been part of our lives for a several years and the digital experience is increasingly leading us to online shopping. Music surged on the streaming platforms. Whether it's a book, a perfume or wine, more and more brands have promoted this sales channel. The pandemic has shaken things up for sectors with a large impact and car manufacturers have taken the plunge.
Even if you already carried out some research online, buying a new vehicle generally led you to the Motor Show or a dealership. Tesla was on its own with its sales site. But the lockdown led competitors to develop e-commerce and Polestar quickly followed suit. However, the substantial price tag, the desire to physically explore the vehicle and try it out are all still obstacles to a surge in virtual transactions. This development still has some way to go, but buying your car online without leaving your home is a very real possibility.
- save time: you can see the entire range on your computer
- easy: access to information 24 hours a day
- comparison: you can configure as many options as you want, alone or with your family
- budget: you get price offers and financial solutions directly
- range: not all brands and models are available yet
- test drives: you can sometimes arrange this, but it's more complicated
- contact: you can see but you cannot touch, and you can calculate but cannot negotiate
Buying your new car is a careful consideration and the advice of a professional is certainly an added value. So, don't hesitate to take advantage of this digitally via instant messaging offered by brands or via a video conference appointment. Check official car make websites to avoid attempted scams. As with any online purchase, you have the right to withdraw. Happy surfing!